How To Automate Your Small Business
You CAN automate certain aspects of your Small Business.
Obviously you cannot automate ALL aspects of your business, but there are many things you do every day online that could be taken off your to-do list using a simple FREE website.
How great would it be to automate certain aspects of your email, scheduling, team coordination, syncing content and files, and sending reminders. It also works for your personal tasks, not just business.
How to Automate your Small Business Tasks with IFTTT
IFTTT.com is the website that can help you accomplish this business and personal automation.
They have created an easy to navigate menu of what they call RECIPIES that can automate a huge number of digital and online tasks. These recipes are centered around If/Then scenarios to make it easy for you to figure out what you want to accomplish what that specific recipe.
Here are some of the If/Then digital tasks you can put on autopilot.
- Mute your phone when you arrive at work or at night.
- Connect your Business Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Find your phone.
- Keep a call log.
- Keep your business Social Media Profile Logo graphics in sync.
- Have news posts from specific websites automatically emailed to you.
- Get an email if there will be rain in your area.
- Save new contacts to a Google spreadsheet.
- Share new WordPress blog posts to your Facebook page.
- Add a weather report to your Google calendar every day.
- Track your work hours in Google calendar.
- Document your daily activity in a Google spreadsheet.
- Message your partner when you leave for work.
The site also offers DO solutions that you can help you with even more tasks.
- Block off the next hour as “Do Not Disturb”.
- Record when and where you received a business card.
- Quickly create events in Google calendar.
- Save notes to Evernote on the fly.
- Begin recording security footage.
- Get yourself out of an awkward situation with a fake phone call.
- Let someone know you are heading home.
- Log a map of your location in Evernote.
- Scan a picture to your computer.
- Keep track of where you were this week.
My favorite DO of all is the one where you can have it call you to get out of an awkward or boring situation.
This is not very honest of course, but still funny.
Check out this site and get started creating your automated recipes with the link below.